This project is a 5-year project running from July 2016 to December 2020 and fully financed by the Dutch Govt and Plan Netherlands to plan Ghana. In partnership with Plan International Ghana, Songtaba is implanting the project with two other non- Governmental organizations; SILDEP in the upper west region, CRESCENT in the Eastern Region, and Songtaba in the Northern region. The project is working with Adolescents and young women in particular as they are prone to experiencing abuses in the form of violence, rape, and sexual assault, and sexual exploitation, at home, at school, and in the workplace. In the northern region, Songtaba is implementing it in three districts, Sagnarigu, Saboba, and Gusheigu Districts. Where it is working with 30 schools and communities.The Overall project goal is Equal Rights and Opportunities for Girls and Young womenThe project is focused on four areas
- Child marriages
- Sexual violence and abuse
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children and Child Sex Tourism
- Access to TVET and decent (self) employment opportunities for girls and young women.
- raise awareness of the issue of violence against girls and women
- develop and strengthen the use of laws and policies
- implement concrete, practical initiatives to achieve Equal Rights and Opportunities for Girls and Young Women ( GYW)